Course Nominations and Scholarships now open
The International Ocean Institute-Pacific Islands and the Division of Marine Studies of the University of the South Pacific invite nominations for people to participate in the next Train Sea Coast (TSC) course. The course on Responsible Fisheries in the Pacific Islands Region: implementation of Post-UNCED International Instruments will be convened at the Division of Marine Studies facilities from Monday 12 - Friday 23 July, 2010.
The Course was designed through the collaboration of the:
· United Nations Division of Ocean Affairs and Law of the Sea UN/DOALOS,
· Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA),
· Secretariat for the Pacific Community (SPC),
· University of the South Pacific (USP),
· Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), and
· Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP).
Nominations are invited from all FFA member governments. Nominations are welcomed from all the relevant government departments as well as the private sector and non-government organizations. For practical purposes the total number of participants will be limited to about 30. The most qualified candidates will be chosen although our hope is to have representations from all of the FFA member countries. Nominations from appropriately qualified and experienced females are encouraged.
All nominations should be submitted in the forms provided in the attachment downloadable below.