Finance Manager (Re-advertised) Submitted by viola.levy | 12 / Nov / 2018
FFA has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team in Honiara, Solomon Islands on a full time basis. The Finance Manager position is a 3 year contract position. Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the Finance Manager's primary purpose is to provide efficient and effective operational and strategic management of the Agency's financial resources. This includes the provision of accurate information and advice to the Senior Executve, Divisional and program managers. The Finance Manager must ensure financial resources are identified, managed, reported upon and audited in a timely and transparent fashion and in compliance with agreed procedures and regulations. The Finance Manager has overall direct supervision of 10 staff members in the Finance Team.
Your Key Responsibilities
Some of the key responsibilities for this role will include (but not limited to);
- Leading the development of accounting policies and administering approved FFA accounting oprocedures in line with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Coordinating the development and compilation of the Agency's annual budgets in collaboration with Divisional Directors and Managers, including providing training and technical assistance in the use of the FFA Budgeting software;
- Providing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports of Output/Divisional budget expenditure;
- Supervising and managing finance and accounting staff, including delegation of work, recruitment and performance mangement for staff; and
- Assisting in the development of the Agency's Annual Work Programme and Budget (exceeding USD$30million) including, write up for the section's contribution to the Statement of Intent (SOI) and the Annual Report.