Internal Auditor Submitted by kenneth.katafono | 28 / Nov / 2014
The Forum Fisheries Agency is seeking a highly energetic, self-motivated, efficient and dynamic professional with the relevant credentials to become part of our management team in the newly established role of Internal Auditor.
This is a new position offering a challenging and exciting opportunity to be part of a professional management team dedicated to the operational efficiency and accountability of the region’s premier fisheries management organization to continue to provide quality services and value to its members and development partners to enhance regional decision-making for the management and utilization of the Pacific region’s tuna resources.
The Internal Auditor is a senior role based at the FFA Secretariat in Honiara, Solomon Islands, reporting administratively to the FFA Director General and functionally to the FFA Audit Committee. The Key Result Areas of the position encompasses the following,
- 1. Initial Development and implementation of the Internal Audit Function,
- 2. Management of Internal Audit Resources,
- 3. Provision of advice and support pertaining to compliance with business operating procedures and corporate governance best practice principles,
- 4. Updating of FFA’s Risk Register and providing assistance to the FFA in the implementation of risk management strategies,
- 5. Provision of advice to all divisions.
The successful applicant will be expected to have a tertiary qualification in the area of Commerce/Accounting, Corporate Governance or a relevant field and be a fully accredited CPA, CA or CMA with 5 to 10 years relevant experience.